Northern Colorado Rush Staff
matt foster director of coaching
Matt Foster joined NorCo Rush as Director of Coaching September 2019. Matt comes to us from Overland Park, Kansas where he was the Recreational Program Coordinator/Age Group Director and head coach for five competitive teams (U9 boys-U12 girls). He brings a driving passion and positive leadership to NorCo Rush.
One of Matt’s many strengths is that players will learn to enjoy the game while developing within a community club. Matt comments “I’m very excited to be a part of NorCo Rush and value the opportunity to get to know everyone involved. This is the type of club I want to be a part of and I’m honored to be given such a great opportunity.”
- Bachelor’s Degree in Coaching Development from Liverpool John Moores University
- BTEC National Diploma in Coaching Development & Fitness, Priestley College
- FA Level 1 and 2 Football (USSF ’C’ License equivalent)
- USSF ‘C’ License (new curriculum)
- Sports Coach UK – An Introduction to Fundamentals of Movement/Personal Training/Gym
- Instruction Level 2
john smario assistant director of coaching
John Smario joined NorCo Rush as our Assistant Director of Coaching in September 2020. John has worked with youth players of all ages in recreational and competitive settings. He holds his National D License and level 1 Futsal Certificate.
John’s many responsibilities include evaluating and leading practice sessions, assisting with camps and recreation/community organizations, planning progressive, age-appropriate sessions, and coaching his own teams. John shared, “The most impactful lesson I’ve learned through soccer is that every success in soccer or life must be grounded in a positive outlook and an honest, strong self-image. Building these qualities and training to each player’s individual talents and athletic level is the foundation of everything I do.”
- US Competitive Soccer
- Professional Development League, IMG Academy, Florida
- Roberts Wesleyan College, New York; West Texas A&M, Texas
- Texas Olympic Development Program team and SW Regional team
- Brazil: Trained with Sport Club International, Porto Alegre
- England: Umbro International Youth Tournament, Liverpool
- Germany: Trained with FC
lynda mcmanus director of operations
Lynda McManus has been affiliated with what began as the Bootleggers Soccer Club to what is now NorCo Rush since 1997. Lynda has a well-established and deeply rooted passion for youth, soccer, and, specifically, this club. For nearly 20 years, Lynda has worn many hats; she has been a competitive coach, team manager, club and high school referee, referee assignor, and has worked as the club’s Director of Operations since 2003.
As Director of Operations, Lynda manages everything that gets players on the field and ready to play. From registration, bookkeeping, marketing and more, Lynda’s primary goal is helping all of our members grow and thrive both as players and people.
When it comes to developing our youth, Lynda is passionate about teamwork, leadership, and doing what is best for kids. Lynda is a cornerstone of NorCo Rush and, “Feels fortuante to be surrounded by people who share the same values and motivations that I do.”
- Associates Degree in Business, Aims Community College
- USSF ‘E’ License
- Certified referee and referee assignor